-
January 25th, 2006, 05:35 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello everyone-
I posted about 6 days ago in regards to my particularly buff Jess doll. She seemed overstuffed and I call CS and they sent out a new doll. Well the body of the new doll is much better, but on her left arm there is a little gray dot. It doesn't come off with water, and the first doll doesn't have this, but my question to you is, is this common? Do any of your Jess dolls have a small grayish dot? Her vinyl is also a lot smoother than the last ones, and I was wondering about that. The new one also came with terrible hair, so I decided to switch the heads and keep the first head. I also wanted to add that I found no difference in the coloration in case anyone else was thinking there Jess is a little pale, I guess they just come that way. Anyway if anyone could help me on the dot thing, I would sure appreciate it.
Thank-you thank-you, I love that I can turn to you girls for help.
Shanna
-
January 25th, 2006, 05:40 PM
#2
HB Forum Owner
I don't have an answer to your question but is Shanna your name? Mine is Shanah!
~Kirby~
P.S. My nickname is Kirby!
-
January 25th, 2006, 05:41 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
No nothing of the sort. I really looked my jess over and didn't find any kind of discoloration of the skin. Her body was not over stuffed, nothing wrong at all.
I think it was most common for her hair to be fussed when people got her. Mine had only minimal fuzzed hair and I've cuddled with her many a times and it still has not upset it terribly.
The only thing I did notice about my Jess was that her head was on a bit strange which made her cock it to oneside. But that doesn't bother me as it gives her character and is too cute (its not a big deal, most people wouldn't have noticed it at all... I just have 9 dolls I can compare it to)
Hope that helps
-
January 25th, 2006, 05:51 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Would this bother you if you were me? I don't know whether to call and ask for them to pick me out yet another one (sometimes I just feel like a terrible customer, but I want to be happy too these dolls are expensive), or would you just deal with it? I need advice here, the dot is maybe the size a pencil would make if you jabbed it a bit, and it's a dark gray. Thanks girls!
Shanna
p.s. Shanna is my name, I love the way yours is spelled. I checked out somewhere the other day where her daughters was spelled with the h. I think it's so cute.
-
January 25th, 2006, 06:00 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Mine had the dot! It was a metal like "splinter"- it was partially out of the arm. I was able to remove it, but it still left a pinprick like dot that was dscolored. Very, very strange. I swapped mine. It was no trouble.
-
January 25th, 2006, 06:36 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Well...mine has no hole, but it does look as if it sits under the surface a bit. It might just be an air bubble, or some dirt from when they were doing the mold....not sure, but my main issue is that I've already had them send a replacement because her body was so huge...am I being to picky???
Shanna
-
January 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM
#7
chrstnwmn7
Guest
I completely understand. And, I agree that you pay way too much for these dolls to have one you aren't happy with. I have had to send back the last 2 NIB dolls I have gotten for DD. We shall see how Jess turns out tomorrow!!!
-
January 25th, 2006, 06:53 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I do not feel like it is being picky. The dolls are pricey, and it is okay to get what you pay for. I think if you are unhappy with something, you should exchange it while you can.Especially with a limited edition.
I try to look at it like this- I NEVER plan to sell any of our dolls, ever .I plan to keep them forever, lol, really. -BUT- If I fell on hard times and I had NO CHOICE but to sell them, I would have to describe them accurately to potential buyers.
If a brand new doll arrives to me with a flaw I would have to list if I ever sold her, I feel comfortable to exchange her for one without the flaw.
Here is an example:
Last year I bought Marisol's whole collection.
When her trunk arrived, it had a small scratch on the front. It was very small, but deep. I could have lived with it. For me, for my daughter to play with eventually, no big deal.
I obsessed over it for a while, and then went ahead and exchanged the trunk while I could.
When Jess came out, I really wanted her and I had no way to fund the purchase. I decided to sell Marisol's trunk. Boy was I ever glad I had exchanged it, or otherwise my discription would have had to mention the scratch on the front.
I think it is okay to exchange an item you are not 100% happy with. It may even help call attention to problems they may want to look out for in the future.
-
January 25th, 2006, 06:56 PM
#9
Inactive Member
That is a good point, I certainly don't think she would sell as well with 'has a small mark on her left arm' as she would if I could write MINT. Should I call a Personal Shopper this time? It will be the third doll I will be getting, the first one had a HUGE chest, especially after I saw doll #2 that has the mark. Thank-you!
Shanna
-
January 25th, 2006, 07:15 PM
#10
monimarine
Guest
Ours didn't have that dot when she arrived. Her head wasn't tilted either.
I would try going through the PS this time. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks